Elizabeth began her mission of helping people as a teacher over 20 years ago and adjusted her path toward counseling earning a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling in 2011. Prior to moving to Florida, she was credentialed as a School Psychologist and worked in college and academic counseling. She has also had experience in an inpatient residency setting and with foster care families. Her Communications degree from the University of Maine and extensive experience in education has served as an effective foundation for counseling her clients. Over the course of her career, Elizabeth has gained a great deal of experience and perspective to offer. She continues to practice her love for education by continuing her own growth through researching the latest and most effective therapeutic methods.
Elizabeth’s scope of services include:
- Working with children and adolescents experiencing behavior challenges.
- Helping young adults who are looking for help coping with challenges.
- Helping those that have developed autism and the individuals and families who love them.
- Helping individuals and families seeking support with depression, anxiety, panic, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Trauma.
- Helping individuals and families struggling with the difficulties of family dynamic conflicts.
- Counseling those receiving end of life care and their families.
Some of Elizabeth’s therapeutic methods and training include:
- Nationally recognized Systematic Training For Effective Parenting Instructor
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) administration and academic/ social emotional assessments and inventories
- ADHD and Sensory Spectrum Disorders evaluation and screening
- Sensory Processing Disorder Therapist & Educator
- Educational Consult for Individualized Education Programs (IEP) & 504 Plans for Kids with disabilities and Exceptional Student Education (ESE) students
- Executive Functioning Coach and Educator for neurodiverse brains
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) instructional and behavioral modification
- High-risk behavior support and management
- Hands off crisis management training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Social Skills, Executive Functioning concerns
- Academic and Social Emotional Assessments and Diagnosis
- Group support sessions including: Social Skills, Women’s Issues, Workplace Success Workshops, and Systematic Training For Effective Parenting (S.T.E.P.)
Elizabeth adores the outdoors and especially the beach! In her free-time she swims and kayaks and practices her own daily self-care.
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Rivier University
- Bachelor Degree in Communication Studies, University of Maine